Refereed (Selected Ones)
- Long-run Determinants of Soverign Bond Yields (Co-authored) published in Economic & Political Weekly , Vol. 53, No. 13, March 31, 2018, pp 111-119.
- Is India losing the Competition or the Competitiveness in Apparel Export? (Co-authored); Case registered in CASE CENTRE, No. 317-0200-1, July 2017
- SAARC Geopolitics
and Trade: Missing
a Hindrance to Further
Economic Integration; (Co-autored) , published in South Asian Survey, vol. 22 (1), 2017, pp 78-116
- Is Indian Automobile Industry getting integrated
with Asian Production Network? (co-authored); published in International Journal of Automotive Technology and Management vol. 17, No. 4, 2017, pp. 345-468
- Two Crises Separated by Two Decades: Savings Glut and Trade Strategy in select East Asian Economies ( co-authored) publised as IIM Calcutta Working Paper ( WPS 799), July 2017
- Determinants and Relationships in Sectoral Trade: A Bilateral Model for Knitwear Clothing (Co-Authored); published in the Thunderbird International Business Review, Vol. 58, No. 6, Nov-Dec, 2016; pp565-574
- How are Shopping
Experience Evaluated: A Methodological proposal to understand Consmers as
Shoppers (co-authored) published in
Journal of Marketing Development and Competitiveness, Vol. 9(1), 2015
- The sustainability of trade deficits in the presence of endogenous structural breaks: Evidence from the Indian economy (Co-authored) published in the Journal of Asian Economics, Vol. 23 (2012), 519–526.
- Attributes of Open Innovation ICT Forums ( Co-authored) published in International Journal in Management and Social
Science, Vol.03 Issue-02, February, 2015, 710-717
- A Study of Open Innovation in Telecommunications Services: A Review of Literature & Trends (Co-authored) published in IIFT Working Paper, No. EC-11-09, Nov 2011. The article can be accessed through http://cc.iift.ac.in/research/Docs/WP/09.pdf
- Impact of India-ASEAN Free Trade Agreement: A cross-country analysis using applied general equilibrium modeling; (co-authored), published as Asia Pacific Research and Training Network (ARTNeT) Working Paper Series, No. 107, Nov. 2011, http://www.unescap.org/tid/artnet/pub/wp10711.pdf
- “Welfare Implication of India-ASEAN FTA: An Analysis using GTAP Model”, (Coauthored), published in IIFT Working Paper, No. EC-11-06, July 2011. The article can be accessed through http://cc.iift.ac.in/research/Docs/WP/06.pdf .
- Rules of Origin and Development of Regional Production Network in Asia: Case Studies if Selected Industries; (co-authored) ARTNeT Working Paper Series, No. 101, May 2011
- “Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement between India and Sri Lanka: Where does it lead?” published in IIFT Working Paper, No. EC-11-03, March 2011. The article can be accessed through http://cc.iift.ac.in/research/Docs/WP/03.pdf.
- India- ASEAN FTA: Implication of Phased Liberalisation (co-authored), presented at the 14th Annual Conference on Global Economic Analysis (16-18 June, 2011), Venice, Italy and currently under submission. The early version of the paper is available in GTAP Websitehttps://www.gtap.agecon.purdue.edu/resources/download/5226.pdf
- The Three Pronged Strategy of India’s Preferential Trade Policy: A Contribution to the study of modern Economic Treaties: (coauthored) Connecticut Journal of International Law, Volume 26, Spring 2011, No. 2
- “The Regulation of Trade in Services in India’s PTAs Mapping the Expanding Universe” (Coauthored), under submission.
- Bilateral Trade and Investment between India and China: Measuring Relative Competitiveness in Each Other’s market (2009) co-authored, published in Foreign Trade Review Vol. XLIV, issue No. 2, July-Sept.
- Integration of Small and medium Sized Enterprises in International Trade and Production Networks: The Automotive Industry in Asia (co authored), published in “Emerging trade issues For Policy Maker in Developing Countries in Asia and the Pacific”, ESCAP, 2009.http://ideas.repec.org/h/unt/ecchap/tipub2526_chap4.html
- Auto-Component Industry in Asia: Structure, Trade Patterns and Potential for Further Upgrading; published in the Special issue of International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development from Inderscience Publishers, Vol. 2, No.1/2, 2009, pp 119-137. The abstract of the article can be accessed through http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID=240&year=2009&vol=2&issue=1/2
- Implication of Asia Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA) on Papua New Guinea (PNG) published in Asia Pacific Trade and Investment Review, vol 3. no.2, 2007 , December, pg. 109-131. http://www.unescap.org/tid/publication/aptir2470_biswajit.pdf
- Changing Features of Automobile Industry in Asia: Comparison of Production, Trade and Market Structure in Select Countries (co-authored),ARTNet Working Paper No. 37, August 2007. The article is available now through http://www.unescap.org/tid/artnet/pub/wp3707.pdf or through Research Papers in Economics (RePec website) http://ideas.repec.org/p/esc/wpaper/3707.html
- Towards an Increasing Collaboration at WTO Negotiating Forums: The Case of China and India ; (Co-authored), published in Taiwanese Journal of WTO Studies (vol. 7, 2007, pg. 1-35)
- “The WTO Ruling on the EU-US Biotech Products Dispute: A Review of Issues” (Coauthored) published in Asian Biotechnology and Development Review, vol. 9, No. 2, March 2007. The article is available through http://www.ris.org.in/article5_v9n2.pdf
- Impact of Capacity Utilisation and Slow Adjustments of Quasi-fixed factors on Productivity and Efficiency Measurement:An Experiment with Indian Pharmaceutical Industry (2005) published in the Journal of Pharmaceutical Finance, Economics and Policy, Vol. 14, No. 4, Haworth Press, USA.
- India’s Approach to Asian Economic Integration (2006); (Co-authored), Taiwanese Journal of WTO Studies, No. 5 Page 67-128. The earlier version of the article was presented by the second author in the International Conference on “Globalization, Blocization, and East Asian Economic Integration”, organized by Center for WTO Studies, College of International Affairs, National Chengchi University, Taipei on March 31, 2006.
- Analysing India’s Trade Dynamics vis-à-vis SAARC Members Using the Gravity Model(2006); (Co-authored) Published in the South Asia Economic Journal, vol. 7, No. 1, pp 83-98.
- Trade Cooperation and Performance in East and South Asia: Towards a Future Integration (2005) in The Asia Pacific Development Journal, Vol. 12. No. 1. http://www.unescap.org/pdd/publications/apdj_12_1/index.asp or in the Global Development Network (GDN) website http://www.gdnet.org/middle.php?oid=237&zone=docs&action=doc&doc=11726
- “A Critical Appraisal of UNCTAD Conferences with special references to UNCTAD XI”( Co-authored), (2005), Foreign Trade Review, vol. XXXIX, No. 4, Jan-March, pp.41-56.
- “A Perspective on Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and its Implication”, Bulletin on Asia Pacific Perspectives (2004/05), United Nations. The paper is available in the website http://www.unescap.org/pdd/publications/bulletin04-05/index.asp
- “Experience of Financial Sector Reform in India: A Comparison with Select South East Asian Countries”, (co-authored), published in Foreign Trade Review, Vol. XXXVIII, No. 3 &4, Oct-March 2004.
- "WTO and Its Impact on Indian Small and Medium Entrepreneurs; (2000) in Small Enterprises Development Management and Extension Journal(Vol. 27, No. 3,)
- Business Innovation and ICT Strategies (November, 2018) (Co-auhored with Sriram Birudavolu)
Synopsis: Due to powerful,
disruptive and rapid forces unleashed by ICT tsunami, organisations not only
struggle to harness the potential of Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
but can also be overwhelmed by the changes, complexity, competition and
regulatory environment it brings up. In this context, the book draws the idea
from the theories of economics & strategy and provides a guideline how to
sustain business challenges and succeed by leveraging ICT in absence of extensive in-house expertise. It
real process of unleashing the power of ICT through Open Innovation and
strategic choices. It covers the most important aspects of ICT in a nutshell
and details the road to the future through business innovation. Constructing
the right strategy and building the social capital for open innovation through
collaboration with partners, government, academia and users are essential steps
in such a process.
- My World with Rafiki: An Economic Travelogue and Miscellany( November,
Synopsis: “Rafiki” means “friend” in Kiswahili language,
which is spoken in a large part of Africa. The book reflects the author’s own
way of detailing the importance of cooperation for Indian managers in
international business as part of his teaching in MBA class. Countries are
engaged in international trade for ages, companies do business with partners
from other countries, but understanding the business environment is essential
for success. Author describes the role of history, culture, religion, politics,
etc., in economic policy-making especially in the contemporary developing
world, including India. The book is full of anecdotal evidence linked with
policies and practices that have made it an articulate polemic and provide a
counterintuitive look toward understanding the business environment. The book is availble in Amazon, Flipkart, Barnes & Noble, Google Play, etc.
(Book Chapters/Working papers and Monographs)
- Myanmar–India Trade: An
Empirical Study on Possible Employment Benefits for the State of Mizoram (co-authored) published in the edited
book by De, P and Raychaudhuri, A. Myanmar’s
Integration with the World: Challenges
and Policy Options published by Palgrave Macmillan (2017)
- Assessing the Future of
Trade in the Automobile Sector between India and Pakistan: Implications of
Abolishing the Negative List published in the edited book by Taneja, N and Dayal, I. titled India-Pakistan Trade Normalisation: The
Unfinished Economic Agenda; published by Springer (2017)
- Will India gain from India-ASEAN FTA? Analysis of Simulated
Scenarios based on Phased Implementation (Co-authored); Published in the Celebrating the Third Decade and Beyond
New Challenges to ASEAN-India Economic Partnership; edited by
Prabir De & Suthiphand Chirathivat; by KW Publishers Pvt. Ltd., New
- Emerging Production Network between India and ASEAN: An
Analysis of Value-Added Trade in Select Industries; published in the Trade, Investment and Economic
Development in Asia: Empirical and Policy Issues; edited by D.
Chakraborty & J Mukherjee; by Routledge (2016)
- Slowdown of Indian
Economy and Changing Consumption Pattern: What is there for Automobile
in the book Global Automobile
Demand : Major Trends in Mature Economies ( Vol 2), edited by Bruno Jetin, Univ. of
Paris (13), published by Palgrave MacMillan ( 2015)
- Integrating India with
Asian Production Networks: Prospects and Challenges; (Co-authored) published in the CESifo
Working Paper No. 5616 (November 2015); CESIfo Group, Munich
- Issues Related to
Trade Facilitation and Non-Tariff Barriers in India and Sri Lanka: A
Synthesis of Secondary Literature published in
the book “Deepening Economic Cooperation between India and Sri Lanka”
edited by Indra Nath Mukherji and Kavita Iyengar, published by Asian Development Bank (2013)
- Trade liberalization and International Production Networks: Experience of the Indian automotive sector, published in the book Fighting Irrelevance: The Role of Regional Trade Agreements in International Production Networks in Asia, published by UNESCAP, 2011,http://www.unescap.org/tid/publication/tipub2597.asp
- Wrote a Chapter on Automobile Industry in India and China for developing Analytical Guidebook: “Insights 2011: Asia, Africa and the Middle East” on behalf of Standard Chartered Bank (Hong Kong)
- Trades and Investment in Parts and Components: Perfomance of Some Selected Asian Economies (co-authored) , published in Globalsiation, Foreign Capital and Development by Bhattachrayya et. al. (Regal Publications, 2010)
- Understanding Sino-Indian Economic Relationship: Towards Developing New age Partnership (Co-authored) , published in India-China: Trade and Strategy for Frontier Development, Edited by Gurudas Das and Joshua Thomas,( Bookwell 2010)
- A Note on India’s Recent Involvement in Trade Blocs (2003–2009): Regionally Sharpening the Multilateral Agenda? (Coauthored with Julien Chaisse and Debashis Chakraborty) NCCR Trade Working Paper No 2008/20, November 2008 of Swiss National Centre for Competence in Research, World Trade Institute, Switzerland. The Paper is available through http://www.nccr-trade.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=category§ionid=33&id=118&Itemid=199 . The article is now forthcoming in Connecticut Journal of International Law
- Services in Regional Trade Agreements: Implications for India; (Co-authored); Working Paper # 05-08, September 2008, International Trade Research Series, Department of Economics, Jadavpur University, Kolkata www.jueconomics.in/home/uncpaper/B%20Nag%2005-08.pdf or mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/view/people/Nag,_Biswajit.html
- “Asian Integration Process and BIMSTEC” (co-authored) Published as Discussion Paper 35 from Center for Studies in International Development (2007). The article may be accessed through http://www.csird.org.in/discussion.htm.
- “Asian Integration Process and India’s FTA Strategy”, (co-authored), WTO Update, Assocham, vol. 14. No. 7, pp 5-11. January 2007
- Book review on The Economics of Trade Facilitation by Nirmal Sengupta (Oxford), in Global Business Review , Vol. 8 No. 1 (Jan/Feb 2007)
- A Review of India Sri Lanka Trade Cooperation (2006); IIFT Occasional Paper, No. 24.
- Foreign Direct Investment in India” (co-authored), published in the book “International Finance and Global Macroeconomics”, by S. Nandi, Samskrti Publishers, New Delhi (2003).
- "India's Exports to EU: A Critical Evaluation"; The article is published in electronic form, along with the book Europe and the South in the 21st Century: Challenges for Renewed Cooperation, by Karthala, Paris. The article is available in the website http://www.eadi.org/detail_page.phtml?page=gc1999#International%20economics
- “Structural Changes in Indo-European Union Trade Relations: A Macro Perspective”,(Co-authored ) : Presented at the seminar organised jointly by Fortune Institute of International Business, Jawaharlal Nehru University and Federation Of Indian Export Organisation on 21st March 1997.The article is also published in “India and the European Union : Into the 21st Century”, edited by H.S.Chopra, from Indian Council of World Affairs, New Delhi (1998). The article has been republished in “India, Germany and European Union: Partners in Progress and Prosperity” edited by N. A. Sulaiman,from Kalinga Publications, Delhi (2002).
- 'India's Economic Outlook for the Next Millennium', (Co-authored), published in International Industries: Annual, 1998.
(Magazines and Newspapers)
- The Changing Trajectory of India’s Foreign Policy; published in the Diplomatist; vol 5, issue 4, April 2017
- Revitalising India-Kenya Partnership: Much Needed Boost by PM Narendra Modi published in Diplomatist, vol 5, issue No. 1 Jan 2017,
- Personal Interview on “EU will not breakdown… it will find a middle way” published in the The Dollar Business , vol. 4, Issue 01, Jan 2017
- A leader must command trust: Lessons for India Inc from Tata-Mistry fight, published in Nov 24, 2016, The Hindustan Times (online)
· How BIMSTEC can build Bridges ( co-authored), published in Diplomatist, Vol 2, Issue 4, April 2014
· Middle East and the BRICS: Analysis of Export and Investment Potential published in Middle East Trade and Export, Issue 22, Nov. 2013, Dubai
- Emerging Paradigms in India-ASEAN Relations (co-authored) published in the Special report of Diplomatist (Plus) 2012
- India-ASEAN FTA: Can it fulfill India’s ‘Look East’ Dream? Published in Diplomatist, vol. IV, Issue No. 3, March 2012.
- ‘Dispute Settlement Mechanism and Its Implication’; published in Focus WTO, Vol. 5, No. 5, Jan-Feb, 2010
- Issues in Commodity Trade: A Developing Country Perspective; published in the Global Agreements, Legislation and Trade Update, volume 2, issue 2, March 2008, The Energy Research Institute (TERI). The article is available at http://bookstore.teriin.org/docs/newsletters/Galt-March%202008.pdf
- South-South Cooperation through Regional Cooperation: The Asian Experience; published in the South Bulletin: Reflections and Foresights, 16thMarch 2008, issue 16, Geneva, Switzerland. The article may be accessed through http://www.southcentre.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=627%3Asouth-bulletin-reflections-and-foresights-issue-11-16-march-2008&catid=141%3Asouth-bulletin-2008&Itemid=258&lang=en . The article is posted in the Inter Press Service, a worldwide leading News Agency (from Italy) as a Columnist item which is available in http://www.ipsnews.net/columns.asp?idnews=42096
- “Formula Approaches of Tariff Reduction: Agenda for India’s Negotiation” published in WTO Update, Vol. 6, No. 1, March-April 2003, The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM).