Name : Dr. Gautam Dutta
Function : Professor
Email : email@example.com
- Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology, MBA, B.E (Mechanical)
- GCPCL, Harvard Business School
Areas of Interest / Specialization
- Functional Area: International Marketing management and Strategy, Cross border trade, Entrepreneurship , Small business management and SME internationalization
- Domain Area: Internationalisation, International Market Selection, Entry strategy for international business, strategic positioning of marketing mix in international market. Entrepreneurship development , SME Development, International Marketing of handicraft products, Cross border trade with Bangladesh and Myanmar.
- Faculty and Director of Indian Institute of Entrepreneurship ( Ministry of Small Scale Industries, Government of India) 1996 to 2006) handling entrepreneurship development related training, teaching and research.
- Professor and Head of Department of MBA, Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology. Teaching and management of the MBA programme of the university.
- Visiting Professor , International Marketing and Export Development, Asian Institute of Technology (AIT), (September –December, 2012) Bangkok, Thailand
- Worked in power sector company (1982 – 1995) handling jobs like HV substation construction, power transmission and distribution
- Present Position
- Professor, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (Research , Teaching , Training related to the area like International Marketing and Entrepreneurship )
Research article: More recent
- Banerjee, M. & Dutta, G. (2016) "Grid Interactive Renewable Power in India—a Review" G. Curr Sustainable Renewable Energy Rep (2016) 3: 43. doi:10.1007/s40518-016-0050-4 (Springer)
- Dutta, Abhishek and Dutta, Gautam (2016) "Comparing Optimum Barrier Variables of Aluminium and MPET Foil Based Laminates for Coffee Packaging," Journal of Applied Packaging Research: Vol. 8 : No. 3 , Article 5.
Gautam (2014) “Northeast India–Bangladesh Border Trade
Practices: Characterization of Trade and Effectiveness of
Border Trade Points”, Foreign Trade Review, 50(1), .
- Dutta Gautam, (2010), “ Internationalization of
Small Businesses of Border Region: A Study of the Determinants” Journal of
Border land studies , Vol 25,
No 3&4 (2010)
- Development Banking in India- Shifting role after
liberalisation of economy.: accepted for publication in Journal – Finance
- Developing Entrepreneurship in the North East
India through Training Intervention- Published in the book on
Entrepreneurship Development in the Northeast edited by Dr DD Mali
- Developing entrepreneurship through training
intervention: An empirical investigation towards effectiveness” , Published
in Gyan management, an
International Biannual Refereed Journal of Management & Technology published by Gian
Jyoti Institute of Management & Technology.
- “Border Trade with Bangladesh: An Economic Opportunity
for Development of North Eastern Region in edited book Indians Northeast
Economy: Problem and Prospect by Sudha Menon ICFAI University press
Entrepreneurship preparedness for Tripura” in Tripura University Journal
- A research paper titled, “Emerging
opportunities for North Eastern Region of India in the back drop of Indo
-ASEAN FTA ” published in an edited book “India- ASEAN Economic
Integration :Opportunities and challenges ”, of Macmillan
Advanced Research Series, MacMillan Publishers India Limited.
- Dutta Gautam
(2011), “Indian SUV “Scorpio” takes on Global players in the US market”
Case number 511-086-1, European Case Clearing House
- Dutta Gautam (2013) International branding at Mirza
International: dilemma unsolved / Gautam Dutta published in an edited book “Cases
in consumer centric marketing management” Published by IGI Global, USA
- Dutta Gautam (2014) “Handicrafts of North East India in the Export Market – Artisanal Clusters and Export
Opportunities” Vol I No 1 (2014) , Royal Business Review.
- Lead Researcher in Working
paper series under the banner “Capacity Development Program for
Integrating CLMV Economies into AEC” funded under the New Zealand Aid
Programme in the CLMV Countries (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam) and
published by Mekong Institute, Thailand
- Working paper on SME Cluster Development in Cambodia
Rattan and Silk Weaving Clusters , Working Paper No. 01 / 2013 , Mekong Institute. Khon
- Working paper on SME Cluster Development in Lao PDR Silk
and Wooden Furniture Clusters,
PAPER NO. 02 / 2013 , Mekong Institute. Khon Kaen, Thailand.
- Working paper on SME Cluster Development in Myanmar
Mango and Fishery Clusters PAPER
NO. 03 / 2013 , Mekong Institute. Khon Kaen, Thailand
- Working paper on SME Cluster Development in Vietnam Tea
and Ceramics Clusters, PAPER NO. 04 / 2013 , Mekong Institute. Khon Kaen,
- Working paper on SME Cluster Development in CLMV
Countries (Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam) Comprehensive Report,
Paper No. 05 / 2013 , Mekong Institute. Khon Kaen, Thailand
- Global Marketing: Pearson Eduction
- Promoting New Entrepreneurs: Authored the book on entrepreneurship
jointly with Dr D.D Mali.
- Export marketing management published by North Eastern
- Export marketing published by Netaji Subhas Bose Open
University. West Bengal.
Professional / Academic Affiliations
- Invited speaker in internationalization of Metallurgical and
Material Handling (MMH) business vertical of Larsen &Toubro Limited.
- Invited speaker at Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Prepared Action plan on fast economic Growth between Northeast India
and Bangladesh for World Bank.
- Chain Analysis of Marine Fishery Sector in three Districts of West
Bengal for International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
- Awarded UN fellowship for sustainable regional development project
- Acted as trainer for trade official of Senegal, Gabon, Thailand,
Cambodia, Somalia, Burundi
- Participated in expert exchange programme on SME development in Swedish- India government project in Stockholm, Sweden
- Participated in venture capital forum organized in Osaka, Japan
- Taughtinternational marketing in the MBA programme of IFM- IIFT
programme , Tanzania
- Trainer for developing
entrepreneurial capacity in Mekong countries, Bangkok
- Trainer for developing
entrepreneurial capacity in Mekong countries Cambodia
- Acted as researcher in Handicraft industries of Vietnam
- Participated in the Indian mission visit to Yangon, Myanmar
- Delivered conference talk on NE Indian –Bangladesh trade integration
in Dhaka , Bangladesh organized by IMF, World bank
- Delivered talk on National seminar on Entrepreneurship Development
organised at Guwahati.
- National seminar on Impact of WTO on small-scale sector enterprises organized
- Obtained certificate of Direct Trainers Skill organisedfrom Thames Valley
- Obtained Auditingcertification in Quality System management (ISO-9000)
conducted by Stebbing and Partners, U.K.
- Expert member of Economic Policy Committee, CII,
- Board of Studies Member of Sikkim Manipal University.
- Board of Studies Member of NetajiSubhas Bose Open University. West
- Board of Studies Assam Institute of Management (Govt of Assam
- Board of Studies Member, Central University , Mizoram
- Expert member of Trade Committee of Bengal National Chambers of
Commerce and Industries (BNCCI)
- Member of Editorial Board of Mizoram Central University.
- External Examiner MBA programme, Dibrugarh University , Assam
- Facilitator cum Evaluator of Council for Advancement of People
Action and Rural Technology (CAPART).
- External Examiner PhD ,
Sikkim Manipal University
- Expert Entrepreneurship Development Committee, Indian Institute of
- Expert, National Centre for Design and Product Development (NCDPD)
Set up by Ministry of Textile, Govt of India.
- Expert member of CBI (Centre for the Promotion of Imports from
Developing Countries) Netherland for Capacity development training on
market research for export.