Koshish – Social Awareness Cell
"As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others" - Bill Gates
Realization of serenity involved in "giving it back to the society"
To organize different events throughout the year which will be aimed towards spreading happiness and making our society a better place to live
We at IIFT believe that a complete manager will be someone who will not just be professionally qualified but also be socially responsible and sensitized towards the issues that affect our society. Koshish- The Social Awareness Club is responsible for adding the same dimension to the students’ lives at IIFT.
Koshish has a rich and diverse history of having undertaken some wonderful initiatives since its inception, and last year was no different. In fact, IIFT Delhi organized its annual management and cultural fest on the theme of a social cause i.e. Women’s safety. Some of the events that were conducted last year are:-
- Fulfil a Wish Campaign : Our initiative to make Children’s Day a memorable occasion for children in an NGO. These children were asked to make a wish, which was in turn fulfilled by the students of IIFT
- Koshish Logo Design Competition : A logo speaks a lot about an organization and its beliefs. We therefore decided to involve our students in coming up with an appropriate logo for Koshish
- Aarambh : a film making competition based on Gender Inequality. This laid down the foundation for our annual management fest, Quo Vadis which had the theme of WISH (Women in Safe Hands). This competition was preceded by a movie making workshop and then short movies made by the students were called for. It was a joint initiative of two NGOs Sakshi and Prabhaav Foundation which work in the areas of Equality and Empowerment.
- Teach for India Class room visit : Around 15 students from the IB Full time batch visited Teach for India classroom based in Saket, Delhi and spent quality time with the children there , putting a smile on their faces.
- Magic Show for Kids : Koshish organised a Magic show for NGO kids from the nearby areas which brought smiles to every child present there. This was followed by gift distribution to kids present there.
- QUO VADIS WISH App Launch : Shri B.S.Bassi Commissioner of Police Delhi launched the WISH App which is specifically designed to
tackle the burning issue of Women’s safety. This app can be used by any Android user to contact the nearby Police Station and communicate her exact coordinates. Highly praised by Shri Bassi, this app can be easily downloaded from the app store. The unexpected success came to this event when Shri Bassi suggested that Delhi Police App Himmat and IIFT designed app WISH can be integrated to bring out the more robust app which can make our society safe for Women.
- QUO VADIS TAPAS : 'Tapas' was a social case study competition, conducted by Koshish under the aegis of Quo-Vadis, the annual fest of IIFT in association with Teach For India. It gave an opportunity to showcase our capabilities on real live managerial problems faced by various NGOs. The case study tested the participant’s understanding and behavioural response to a particular problem faced by Teach for India. The case studies tested the initiative, planning, problem solving and innovative thinking of the participants.
This year Koshish will carry forward the great work done and organize many new initiatives to make people aware of issues in our society. There stand a lot of challenges which need to be addressed, and with our new steps we wish to achieve greater participation and support.
||Kanakala Dinesh Kumar