Development in the international marketing on the one hand and the consequential impact of the same on India’s domestic market on the other, call for a professional approach and sensitivity to international business environment. The MBA (International Business) is a foundational course for developing a competent cadre of business executives to meet the country’s growing requirements for training personnel in the field of international management. MBA (IB) is a six trimester general management programme with a focus on international business. The programme aims at providing a comprehensive coverage incorporating all the important areas and disciplines relevant to international business activities. The syllabi for MBA (IB) compares favorably with the syllabi of some of the world’s best International Business Schools.
- Recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years’ duration in any discipline.
- Candidates appearing for a qualifying examination can also apply subject to submission of proof of requisite qualification by beginning of October of the year of start of the course.
- No age limit.
Mode of Admission
For General/SC/ST/PH/OBC candidates:
- On the basis of Written test, Essay write-up, Group Discussion and Interview.
- The Written Test is organised at Ahmedabad, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Dehradun, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur and Visakhapatnam.
- Based on marks obtained in the written test, candidates are called for Group Discussion and Interview to be held between fourth week of January and middle of February at Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
For Foreign National/NRI/Children of NRI:
- On the basis of General Management Aptitude Test (GMAT)
- For MBA 2018-20, GMAT result should not have been declared before 1 January, 2016 and should be received by the Institute latest by 31 March 2018. Last date to submit the application fee is 15th February 2018.
Tuition Fee (for 2016 batch):
- General/OBC Category : Rs.7,60,000/- p.a.
- SC/ST/PH/Category : Rs.3,50,000/- p.a.
- Foreign National /NRI/Children of NRI US$ 27,500 p.a.
- Other charges (library, computer, alumni): Rs. 50,000/- for the whole course
- Release of advertisement / Availability of Brochure and application form on IIFT’s website i.e. : SECOND WEEK OF JULY
- Last date for receipt of application (Gen/SC/ST/PH/OBC) : FIRST WEEK OF SEPTEMBER
- Last date for receipt of application (NRI/FN/CNRI) : SECOND WEEK OF FEBRUARY
- Written examination: FOURTH SUNDAY OF NOVEMBER 10.00 am – 12.00 noon
- Commencement of Programme: FIRST WEEK OF JULY
Pattern of Admission Test
The admission test is a multiple choice objective type written test (in English). Duration of the test is two hours. It consists of questions covering ENGLISH COMPREHENSION, GENERAL KNOWLEDGE & AWARENESS, LOGICAL REASONING AND QUANTITATIVE ANALYSIS.
Download a Brochure